When comparing growing conditions for flower, indoor vs outdoor flower can come down to personal preference.Continue reading
We commonly answer questions about growing marijuana from home, so we put together this resource for our customers that have questions regarding how to get started.Continue reading
Our Top 5 Stoner Activities
1. Yoga, Meditate, or Workout
It’s no secret that cannabis pairs well with activities of the mind and body; after all, cannabis is a holistic medicine that has been consumed by ancient societies to deepen spiritual practices for thousands of years.
In ancient India, Hindu rishis consumed cannabis to deepen their yogic meditative practices. We now have modern yogis carrying on this tradition by consuming cannabis before meditation or yoga.
We also have long-distance runners and gym rats alike that frequent Strains Dispensary Perris because they pair a little cannabis with their daily workout due to the performance lift that it can provide. If you are one of these people, there is no reason you can’t have some cannabis and workout along with your favorite app or YouTube video.
2. Clean or Redesign
The human mind, unfortunately, is prone to get stuck in a rut on default mode. Rest assured that being stoned and stuck at home is an opportunity to look around and ask yourself, “Does this space best serve me?” When we give ourselves a little time and space to answer this question honestly, we find that some improvements can be made to the space surrounding us – time to consider the ideal furniture arrangement. Rearranging your furniture to suit your comfort, and while you’re at it, maybe you’ll rethink your interior design altogether. There are no rules that say what you have in your home is permanent.
Why you are redecorating, why not summon your inner deep-cleaner and give your apartment or home a thorough cleaning. You’ll feel much better after cleaning everything.
Cleaning and redesigning your surroundings is a proven way of feeling refreshed and accomplished within while preventing autopilot from defining your space.
3. Teach Your Dog a New Trick
Is there really anything cooler than a dog that can do tricks? If you’re stuck at home stoned and looking for something to do with your doggo, why not teach him/her a new trick? With a little Pavlov know-how and tasty treats, anyone can teach their pup how to shake hands like a gentleman, rollover, or sit still.
4. Learn a New Skill
Maybe you lack the dog to teach something, and you’ve been considering a new hobby or skill. When stoned, bored, and stuck at home, it is an excellent opportunity to learn a new skill of your own.
Ever wanted to learn a guitar or become a painter or learn to cook? It’s never too late! A new hobby will be there for you with positivity and health. Being stoned and stuck at home is really an invitation to fill the void with something new that you’ve been thinking about but never started.
5. Have a Self-Care Day
Isn’t cannabis, after all, about holistic self-care? Why not double down on your self-care strategy by planning a day just for you? Maybe invite the spouse or significant other, perhaps not, because this self-care day is about what’s best for you. Awesome self-care day activities include anything from taking a bath, giving yourself a facial, doing your nails, stretching, or even taking a nap! Different strains can help with different situations, so make sure you get the right one!
Making Your Own Cannabis Cooking Oil and Butter
Whether it is a slow day or you are stuck out home, cooking with cannabis is a great way to spend some of your time. If you do not have cannabutter or oil already, don’t worry, if you have some flower you can make your own!
Cannabis Cooking Oil
Cannabis cooking oil is easy to make and can be used in any recipe of your choice. All you need is flower and any high-fat oil of your choice. If you are looking for an oil with a mild flavor, vegetable and canola oil are going to be great options. They are also very versatile and work with most recipes calling for oil.
- Finely grind your cannabis flower.
- Combine oil and cannabis in a 1:1 ratio (Example: 1 cup of ground cannabis to 1 cup of oil) in a saucepan, double boiler, or slower cooker.
- Let the mixture simmer at low heat for about 3 hours in the saucepan, 6-8 hours in the double boiler, or 4-6 hours in the slow cooker. (Yes, your home will smell amazing!)
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth, coffee filter, or fine-mesh strainer, do not squeeze as it may cause the leftover flower to fall into your oil.
- Oil should be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container, preferably glass, for the next 2-3 months.
- Preheat your oven to 225°F.
- Grind your cannabis as finely as you can.
- Evenly spread your flower on sheet pan or baking dish.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, gently mixing it every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
On to making butter
Butter to Cannabis Ratio: We recommend using 1 stick of butter for every 0.25 ounces (7.09 g) of marijuana. So for an ounce of marijuana, you should use 4 sticks of butter.
- Fill your saucepan with 2 inches of water, bring it to a boil and add your butter.
- After the butter has melted, grind your flower and add it. Once the cannabis is added, turn down the heat to barely a simmer. Cook for three hours, steering the mixture occasionally.
- Set up your heatproof bowl to hold the finished product. Carefully, strain the mixture into the bowl, through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature for about one hour. Then, place it in the fridge until the butter has solidified and separated from the water.
- Remove from the fridge and run a knife or spatula around the edge of the bowl, lifting the butter off the water.
- Place the bowl upside down on a piece of parchment paper and scrape off any of the plant matter and milk solids.
- Your canna-butter is ready to use! Store it in the refrigerator or freezer in a sealed container.
Stains Dispensary Perris Cannabis Food & Drink Guide
Cannabis products found commonly at Strains Dispensary Perris come in a variety of consumables featuring both food and drink. We invite you to take the average cannabis smoking experience to the next level of consumption quality and therapeutic value by considering how cannabis foods and drinks might improve or better serve your current cannabis consumption method.
Cannabis Food and Drink = Edibles
Edibles are all cannabis-infused products taken orally including foods and drinks of all kinds and flavors. No matter if you’re eating a cannabis-infused cookie or drink, they all qualify as edibles. We carry an impressive selection of cannabis edibles, such as CHILL Chocolate and Emerald Sky, in a selection of foods and drinks perfect for meeting individual tastes.
Cannabis oil is lipid-soluble and requires a carrying oil to bind to when making foods. Most cannabis foods and drinks are made with a special butter that has been infused by cannabis oil containing all of the cannabinoids extracted from the flower. When making cookie edibles, infused butter is used in lieu of traditional butter so that the resulting cookies contain the cannabinoids needed.
Candy is preferred among those seeking a delivery system for quick, tasty, and effective dosing. No matter if you prefer chocolate or gummies, we have a large selection of chocolate candy and gummies infused with cannabis perfect for you!
Cannabis-infused beverages offer convenient precision dosing and a selection of flavors taking the scene by storm meeting individual drink preferences including root-beer flavored soda, fruit punch elixir, or wildberry guava quencher. Dixie Brand offers delicious and natural THC elixirs.
Baked Goods (Cookies & Brownies)
Cannabis consumers often introduce baked goods into their wellbeing regimen because who doesn’t like a good cookie or brownie infused with their favorite cannabinoid? Baked goods offer the benefits of pleasurable consumption with an oral delivery system that escapes the negatives of smoking.
Gluten & Dairy Restricted Food
Those with gluten and dairy restrictions can find it difficult to secure their cannabis foods and drinks due to dietary requirements. The cannabis industry has been pretty good at introducing gluten and dairy-free products to meet the needs of such patients and we carry several at our dispensary in Perris.
We Welcome You Into Strains Dispensary of Perris
If you know that a particular cannabis product is best for you, we invite you to consider our full menu of cannabis products featuring all of the common forms, concentrations, and routes of administration. Our customers can rest assured that if they need flowers or another cannabis product, we have the cannabinoid medicine needed in the form desired and in the most-effective concentration that gets the job done.